The Stewardship Council has the responsibility for educating the parish on prayer, participation, and generosity; the key components of good stewardship. The strategy and priorities of the Stewardship Council are:
- Education of the parish on Stewardship – a Way of Life that goes beyond the Church
- Oversee and support the Shared Ministries volunteer process at SKD
- Support the Capital Development process at SKD
- Focus the process around the Stewardship foundation of Prayer, Participation, and Generosity
- Ensure that this effort is continuous – not a one time campaign, process, or commitment
The focus on Stewardship will be constant and continuous in our daily lives but we will emphasize its importance on one weekend every month – the third weekend of each month. This weekend will have content that includes:
- Our Stewardship Prayer
- The weekend of SKD Community outreach activities of Feed My Starving Children and Food Shelf Support. We can place other activities like special collections, holiday gifting, etc. during this weekend.
- We will include a communication of some kind in the bulletin and on our website in addition to the current Stewardship messages already placed in the bulletin.
- We will coordinate all Stewardship messages with the Finance, Development, and Capital Campaign Councils to ensure timing and content is consistent with those council strategies.
- Key Activities/Messages of Stewardship including Prayer, Participation and Generosity.
- The Stewardship Council will create a calendar to manage how we address and communicate the tasks associated with the above. This will be done to ensure Father Paul, SKD Staff, and other Councils are in agreement with timing of communications and content of messages.
- The Stewardship Council understands that our strategy must be “fluid” and adaptable that allows us to adjust to a parish environment of challenges presented by our age, growth, and need for permanent facilities.
- Constantly Recruit for volunteer positions at SKD.
The Stewardship Council members are:
Sue Bestul - secretary